President Donald Trump saw his approval remain at 45 percent in a new poll released Tuesday.
Key figures in the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll, the results of which were sent to The Hill:
- 45 percent approved of the job Trump is doing, the same number from the January survey.
- 55 percent said they disapprove of the job Trump is doing.
- 84 percent of Republicans approve of Trump's job performance, while just 14 percent of Democrats said the same.
- 57 percent of white male voters approve of Trump's job performance.
- 57 percent approved of the way Trump is handling job creation.
- 56 percent approved of the way he is handling the economy.
- In the wake of the government shutdown, however, just 42 percent approved of Trump's handling of administering the government.
"The president's approval has remained steady, pushed up by strong economic performance and weighted down by the clash over immigration and continued controversies," Harvard CAPS/Harris poll co-director Mark Penn said.
Trump is in Vietnam this week for a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as the two heads of state continue their discussions around denuclearizing the Korean peninsula.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.