American voters support allowing "Dreamers" — the undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — to remain and eventually apply for citizenship by a margin of 80 to 16 percent, according to a new Quinnipiac University National Poll.
The poll of 1,249 voters, conducted from Feb. 16-19, also found that voters believe:
- 63 to 27 percent that Trump wants Dreamers to be deported.
- 55 to 32 percent that Republicans in Congress want Dreamers deported.
- 85 to 8 percent that Democrats in Congress want Dreamers to stay.
In other questions asked of the same group of voters:
- 53 to 38 percent, including 47-36 percent among independent voters, said they want the Democratic Party to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives this year.
- 54 to 39 percent, including 51-38 percent among independent voters, said they want the Democrats to win control of the U.S. Senate this year.
- 52 to 38 percent believe Democrats can do a better job handling immigration.
- 52 to 31 percent say Democrats can do a better job handling gun violence.
The independent poll has a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.