Forty-five percent of Americans now support the House impeaching President Donald Trump, compared to 38% who do not, according to a USA Today/Ipsos poll.
And 44% say the Senate should vote to remove him from office, while 35% disagree.
Here are the highlights from the poll results, released Thursday:
- 42% say there are valid reasons to look at the behavior of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, in Ukraine, 21% disagree. 20% neither agree nor disagree.
- 36% of Republicans call the whistleblower, who sparked the Ukraine controversy, “a traitor.” 21% say he or she is a patriot. 43% say they don’t know.
- 10% of Democrats call the whistleblower “a traitor.” 71% say he or she is a patriot, while 18% don’t know.
- 3% predict Trump will resign, 15% expect him to be removed by the Senate, 33% say he will serve out his first term; 29% say he will win a second term.
- 74% say the president is subject to all laws, 15% say a president is subject to some laws, 4% say the president is above the law and 8% have no opinion.
The poll, conducted Tuesday and Wednesday, surveyed 1,006 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.