Most voters think that former President Barack Obama would have done a better job at leading during the coronavirus outbreak than President Donald Trump, according to a poll from Politico and Morning Consult released on Wednesday.
A majority of voters said that Obama would have handled the crisis better than Trump, but a plurality of voters said that Trump was a stronger leader during the crisis than former Vice President Joe Biden.
- 52% said Obama would have been better during the crisis.
- 38% said Trump has been a better leader than Obama would have been.
- 10% had no opinion.
- 44% said Trump was a better leader during the crisis than Biden.
- 36% said Biden was better than Trump.
Most voters say that the Trump administration hasn’t done enough to fight the outbreak, up from three weeks ago, according to Politico.
- 50% said the administration hasn’t done enough.
- 38% said the administration has done the right amount.
- 4% said the administration has done too much.
- 54% disapprove of Trump’s job performance.
- 44% approve of Trump’s job performance.
The poll surveyed 1,990 registered voters across the country from April 3-5 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.