American voters favor Democrats over Republicans by 14 points in the nation's races for the House of Representatives, a new Quinnipiac University Poll released Wednesday reveals.
The telephone poll of 1,038 voters nationwide showed that voters back Democrats over Republicans by 52-38 percent. Further, independent voters back Democrats over Republicans by 50-35 percent, according to the poll.
By the numbers:
- Democrats lead by 48 - 42 percent among men.
- Women favor Democrats by 55 - 35 percent.
- White voters favor Republicans by 48 - 45 percent.
- Black voters pick Democrats by 84 - 7 percent.
- Hispanic voters favor Democrats by 64 - 22 percent.
In addition, the poll showed that voters disapprove by 72-18 percent of the job Congress is doing, and 58-27 percent said Congress should serve as more of a check on President Donald Trump.
Republicans, however, said by 62 to 11 percent that Congress does enough to check Trump. Overall, voters said by 56 - 36 percent that they do not want to see impeachment proceedings begin against Trump.
The poll carried a margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.