Tags: Trump Administration | pence | trump admin | war

Pence: 'Proud' Trump Administration Kept US Out of New Wars

mike pence stands behind podium
Vice President Mike Pence (Chris Jackson/AP Photo)

By    |   Monday, 18 January 2021 07:47 AM

Vice President Mike Pence said in a tweet Sunday he's "proud" that the Trump administration did not get the United States involved in a new war over the past four years.

"I’m proud to report with just a few days left in our Administration, our Administration is the first in decades that did not get America into a new war," the outgoing vice president tweeted. That’s Peace through Strength."

His comment came at the beginning of a string of tweets, with Pence saying that as vice president, he has "seen the strength and resilience of the American people shine forth" and that he has "faith that the day will come when we put these challenging times in the past and emerge stronger and better than ever before."

Earlier on Sunday, Pence visited troops at Fort Drum, N.Y., calling his speech there as his final address as vice president, according to North Country Public Radio.

He also thanked the 10th Mountain Division and pointed out that the division has been deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq nearly 50 times since 2001.

"There’s never been a day gone by that I and every American hasn’t been grateful to the 10th Mountain Division and every American hero in uniform," Pence said.

He also touted an increase in military spending and pay raises for troops, under the Trump administration, including the recent National Defense Authorization Act Congress passed last month by overriding President Donald Trump’s veto.

Pence did not mention the veto, but he did say the act passed through the "strong support of North Country Congresswoman Elise Stefanik’s role in it." Stefanik, R-N.Y., represents the district where Fort Drum is located.

The White House in October issued a statement touting its military accomplishments, reports Fox News. It pointed to the deaths of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and the Iranian general, Qasem Soleimani as military achievements while noting the movements did not require a major deployment of troops.

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
Vice President Mike Pence said in a tweet Sunday he's "proud" that the Trump administration did not get the United States involved in a new war over the past four years. "I'm proud to report with just a few days left in our...
pence, trump admin, war
325
2021-47-18
Monday, 18 January 2021 07:47 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved