Forty-three percent of Americans approve of President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, compared to 55% who disapprove, according to an NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll.
And 60% say they approve of the way their governors are handling the response to the outbreak, while 37% disapprove.
Here are how the results, released Tuesday, break down:
- 70% say they trust their governors over Trump to decide when to open businesses in their area. 25% say they trust Trump; more on the issue.
- 53% of Republicans trust Trump to decide when businesses should reopen, compared to 45% who trust their governors.
- 93% of Democrats trust their governors to decide when businesses should reopen, while 3% trust the president.
- 78% of Independents trust their governors to decide on the reopenings, while 17% trust Trump.
- 79% say they are worried about a second wave of the coronavirus, while 19% say they either are not so worried or not worried at all
- 43% percent approve of the way Trump is handling his job as president, compared to 55 who disapprove.
A set of polls, conducted June 29-July 5, surveyed 44,557 people. The margin of error is plus or minus 1 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.