Most voters said President Donald Trump and his administration have failed to properly respond to the coronavirus outbreak in the latest poll from Politico and Morning Consult.
Just under half of all voters said the Trump administration has not done enough to fight the outbreak, a similar result to a CNN/SSRS poll released Monday.
- 47% say Trump administration has not done enough.
- 40% say Trump administration response has been adequate.
When asked to rate how Trump himself has handled the outbreak:
- 40% say Trump has done a "poor" job.
- 11% say Trump has done a "fair" job.
- 18% say Trump is doing a "good" job.
- 25% say Trump is doing an "excellent" job.
The poll also found:
- 45% approve of Trump's job performance.
- 52% disapprove of Trump's job performance.
- 60% are "very concerned" about the coronavirus.
- 41% say the outbreak has been "very disruptive" to their lives.
- 62% say their state's governor has done a "good" or "excellent" job handling the outbreak.
- 85% approve of the coronavirus response bill that Congress passed and Trump signed last week, with 8% disapproving.
- 10% say social distancing measures should end in the next two weeks.
- 20% say social distancing measures should end within the next month.
This survey was conducted with 1,997 registered voters who were contacted between March 27-29, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.