Former first lady Michelle Obama is tied with former Vice President Joe Biden as the favorite among Democrats for the party’s presidential nomination, a Hill-HarrisX poll reveals.
Obama has said she will not run for president and Biden has not announced his intentions yet.
Here is how the poll breaks down:
- 25 percent of Democrats believe Obama should be the presidential nominee in 2020.
- 25 percent say Biden.
- 12 percent-- Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
- 11 percent -- Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
- 6 percent -- former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-Texas.
- 5 percent -- former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- 5 percent -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
The poll, conducted Feb. 17-18, surveyed 1,001 registered voters. The group of Democratic respondents has a margin of error of 5 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.