A pro-abortion rights group is linking Donald Trump to GOP congressional incumbents who've been tepid in their support and are skipping the convention – launching an ad blitz and website outlining the anti-abortion views they all share, Politico
NARAL Pro-Choice America's campaign – Trump Squad Goals
- Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina
- Sen. John McCain of Arizona
- Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri
- Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
- Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
- Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio
- Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire
- Nevada Rep. Joe Heck, who's running to replace Democratic Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid.
According to Politico, ads will be placed on Facebook and Twitter in the lawmakers' home states. They will include an animated gif
– lifted from the comedy spoof "Zoolander" – with the face of the targeted lawmaker photoshopped into a party of Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
"These candidates may be able to run from Cleveland but they can't hide from their record," NARAL senior vice president of campaign and strategy Sasha Bruce said of the campaign launch, Politico reports.
"Just like Trump, these candidates want to punish women by banning abortion, reducing access to health services and rolling back decades' worth of progress."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.