Sixty percent of Latino voters between the ages of 18 and 34 say they would vote for Joe Biden if the election was held today, according to a new poll by Telemundo and BuzzFeed News.
Just 19% say they would choose President Donald Trump.
The poll was released on Thursday as part of a study called "Young Latinos: A Generation of Change."
Here are the highlights:
- 82% say the Black Lives Matter protests are motivating them to vote in the fall.
- 57% say reducing police brutality also motivates them to vote.
- 71% say the coronavirus crisis is a motivating factor in casting their ballots.
- 83% say the pandemic has affected their health or finances.
- 48% say they have suffered financially due to job losses or pay cuts.
- 37% describe themselves as independents or undecided about their political party affiliation.
- 13% say they are Republicans, compared to 50% who say they are Democrats.
The study, conducted June 5-22, surveyed 638 Latinos. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.