Tags: Kellyanne Conway | Defends | Trump | Apprentice | Link

Conway Defends Trump's Continued 'Apprentice' Link

("New Day"/YouTube)

By    |   Friday, 09 Dec 2016 12:15 PM

If President-elect Donald Trump decides to stay on as executive producer of "Celebrity Apprentice," it won't take away from his official duties as commander in chief, senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Friday.

"He's a very transparent guy," Conway told CNN's Alisyn Camerota in an interview on the "New Day" program. "Everyone can see what he's doing, and the fact is that he is with all types of experts who tells him what he can do and not do as president of the United States. If this is one of the approved activities, then he will consider staying on."

On Thursday, MGM confirmed to Variety that Trump has retained his credit on the series that added to his fame.

The NBC show is returning on Jan. 2 after being off the air for two years, and will feature new host Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Trump's name in the credits the show's creator, Mark Burnett and before Schwarzenegger's, also an executive producer for the show, which will enter its 15th season.

Conway on Friday argued back with Camerota, who asserted that "every hour he devotes to 'Celebrity Apprentice' is an hour he does not devote to, fill in the blank, jobs, national security, whatever."

"Were we so concerned about the hours and hours [President Barack Obama] spent on the golf course?" said Conway. "The presidents have a right to do things in their spare times and leisure time."

Camerota noted that "everybody objected to that," and asked if Trump won't play golf for the next four years.

"Well, maybe he will be," said Conway. "It certainly seems like there is a lot of time to do it while you're president of the United States. Whether it's President Obama or President Donald Trump, the idea that these men are going to be all work and nothing else all the time is just unrealistic because it's never happened in our lifetimes."

But in Trump's case, "work is his work and work is his hobby," said Conway. "His preferred time is with his family, but followed very closely [by] his work. He is high energy, high octane, high activity and, so, again, if the powers at be, if the lawyers and the protocol officers say that he can do that, then he is probably going to say 'why not.'"

Conway said she has not discussed directly with Trump if he'll take a salary for "Apprentice," but pointed out he's not keeping his salary for being president.

"I don't think it's as big an issue than the Cabinet he's putting together," Conway said, shifting topics.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., appearing later on the show, said she has faith Trump's team is telling him how he can proceed legally.

It's a legal question, said Blackburn, the vice-chair of the Trump transition team, because it's a matter of how to approach the issue based on codes of ethics and conduct.

"We have to realize is that Mr. Trump comes from a different place into the Oval Office," she told show co-host Chris Cuomo.

"He is not someone who has been previously me elective office. There are stricter requirements around the code of ethics and the filings that are required for anyone who is serving in elective office at the federal level."

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
If President-elect Donald Trump decides to stay on as executive producer of "Celebrity Apprentice," it won't take away from his official duties as commander in chief, senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Friday.
Kellyanne Conway, Defends, Trump, Apprentice, Link
541
2016-15-09
Friday, 09 Dec 2016 12:15 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved