Voters who identify as Independent oppose impeaching President Donald Trump, 49 to 34 percent, according to an Emerson Poll released Thursday.
The 15-point mark is a reversal from October when Independents supported removing Trump from office, 48 to 39 percent.
The poll, conducted Nov. 17-20, also found:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders lead among Democrats in the 2020 race with 27 percent each
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is in third place at 20 percent and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg stands at 7 percent
- The impeachment proceedings taking place in the House are being watched by 69 percent of voters, with 26 percent getting their information from Fox News and 24 percent from either ABC, NBC or CBS
- Trump trails Sanders by one point in a head-tp-head matchup, leads Biden by 2 points and Buttigieg by 4. He’s tied with Warren.
- Republicans said the economy was the No. 1 issue at 50 percent while Democrats listed healthcare as their top concern at 25 percent
“Biden and Sanders continue to hold their bases, which should concern Warren, as she has waited for one of the front runners to slip these past few months - yet, their support seems to be crystalizing,” said Emerson Polling director Spencer Kimball.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.