Fifty percent of registered voters approve of the House impeachment inquiry, while 42% oppose it, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll reveals.
Eight percent of those surveyed don't have an opinion.
Since early October, support for the inquiry in nine Politico/Morning Consult polls has ranged from 48% to 50%, while opposition has ranged from 41% to 45%.
Here is how the results from the current poll, released Wednesday, break down:
- 15% of Republicans support the impeachment inquiry, while 81% oppose it.
- 83% of Democrats favor the inquiry, compared to 12% who are against it.
- 45% of independents back it, while 41% oppose the inquiry.
- 51% of all those polled would favor the House impeaching President Donald Trump, while 41% would oppose it.
- 49% would support the Senate removing Trump from office, compared to 41% who would oppose it.
- 39% approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 58% disapprove.
The poll, conducted Dec. 6-8, surveyed 1,994 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.