Donald Trump Jr. on Thursday slammed House Democrats' reliance on hearsay evidence during the first public impeachment hearings of the president as "disgusting" — asking Newsmax TV, "What kind of a joke is this?"
"They don't know what's going on," Trump Jr., executive vice president of the Trump Organization, told host John Cardillo on "America Talks Live" in an exclusive interview.
Trump Jr., 41, is the author of "Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us," now in the No. 1 spot on The New York Times best-seller list. He is the eldest son of President Donald Trump.
The House continues its impeaching hearings Friday, two days after they first began. More are also scheduled for next week.
The first two witnesses testifying before the House Intelligence Committee were William Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent.
Intense questioning by committee Republicans revealed that neither witness had any direct discussions with President Trump about his Ukrainian telephone call or any possible withholding of nearly $400 million in military aid in exchange for an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden or his son, Hunter.
In fact, Taylor disclosed that the president was "overheard" during a July 26 call with U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland asking about "the investigations" of Democrats that he wanted President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to pursue.
Trump Jr. told Cardillo: "They heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another Deep State friend.
"So, this is third-party information that someone told someone who told someone else who told someone else — and that's how they heard it," Trump Jr. said.
"Hearsay is better than direct information. Direct evidence.
"What kind of joke is this?" he asked "How come no one in the media is saying a damn thing about it?
Trump Jr. also told Cardillo in his exclusive Newsmax TV interview that:
- President Donald Trump is "committed" to Vice President Mike Pence.
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is a "dishonestly alert" who repeatedly leaked his 2017 Russia testimony.
- White House staffers working against President Donald Trump are only "covering their butts" for future jobs in the D.C. "swamp."
- He wrote his new best-seller to expose the "double standards" that are so "flagrant" in Washington and the media.
- College campuses have become the "least-tolerant places in the world" after he was heckled by conservative students at UCLA over the weekend.
- Americans are not buying the impeachment hearings; they are "just version 2.0 of how do we get Trump because we don't like him."
Important: Find Newsmax TV in 70 million U.S. cable homes on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Optimum Ch. 102; U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Spectrum, Suddenlink, Wow! or More Systems Here.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.