Tags: Donald Trump | Gun Control | Gun Rights | Trump Administration | gun violence | video | parody

Trump Shooting Video Was Not Approved for Conference

By    |   Monday, 14 October 2019 03:21 PM

The grotesque parody video depicting President Trump shooting and stabbing journalists and political figures – shown at a pro-Trump event at his Doral golf resort in Miami – was created and snuck into the event without permission by young, overzealous video producers, Newsmax TV has learned.

Newsmax TV host John Cardillo, who attended and spoke on a national security panel at the weekend gala, said stunned organizers insisted to him they were blindsided by the ultra-violent, 3-minute production, which resembles the kind of amateurish catch-and-kill videos made by gamer geeks.

"This was unapproved content was snuck into one of many video presentations without their knowledge," Cardillo said. "The Trump campaign had nothing to do with it."

A source at the American Priority Festival and Convention with knowledge of the planning told him: "It appears some young people who took it upon themselves to insert some content that should never have been inserted.

"The conference organizers were very busy and their attention was diverted and some of the younger staffers might have said, 'Hmm, hmm this is a good time to show this and they did it and it got through – and now it's biting everybody in the ass."

Cardillo, who anchors Newsmax TV's "America Talks Live" weekdays at 2 p.m. ET, said one of the publicists who worked the event sobbed in agony as she discussed the mushrooming video scandal.

"She was crying uncontrollably. She said, 'I saw every video that was to be shown and this one was not there!'" Cardillo said.

The White House Correspondents' Association late Sunday said it was "horrified" by the video.

The comment comes after The New York Times reported Sunday that some attending the conference had viewed a doctored video from a scene from the R-rated 20th Century Fox movie, "Kingsman: The Secret Service," starring Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine, and Mark Hamill.

The clip was included in a series of internet memes, which included the logo for Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. Both Donald Trump Jr. and former press secretary Sarah Sanders were at the event, and both claimed they were not aware the video had been shown.

Cardillo said it is surprising how the showing of the video was leaked to the press because so few people saw it.

"It wasn't on the main stage, but in a breakout room in a real obscure area. I was there for three full days – backstage, green room, close to the main panel, at every dinner – and I didn't even know this room existed, and most of the people I'm talking to didn't," Cardillo said.

"In the breakout room, there were four TVs, one in each corner. But then they were also projecting videos onto the walls and ceiling – and this was on one little TV in the corner of a room that somebody told me maybe for the three days 25 people walked through."

Some media outlets are falsely attempting to tie the video to the Trump campaign, Cardillo added.

"The only reason that there were some of the politicos from the campaign there was that the Miami-Dade Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner was also being held there as well," he said.

A Trump campaign spokesman said he did not know anything about the video, and it was not produced by the campaign.

The White House said Monday that Trump has yet to watch the video, but says he "strongly condemns it."

American Priority, which says its mission "is to develop and hold educational events that support the First Amendment, highlight American culture, and values as well as solutions to issues we face as a nation," said in a statement:

"The organizers of #AMPFest19 were not even aware of the video until they were contacted by the NYT [for comment] . . . We find it shocking that The New York Times would not report on any of the sanctioned events in the article . . . #AMPFest19 always has and always will condemn political violence."

The doctored video comes amid another video scandal, this one involving Sen. Bernie Sanders', I-Vt., 2020 presidential campaign.

A Sanders campaign video staffer was hired and dropped in less than 24 hours, after old comedy YouTube videos, described as offensive, surfaced, Mediaite reports.

Video creator Matt Orfalea had crowed about his new job Sunday, stating, "I was assured I will have considerable creative freedom! :) Can't wait to make more videos, expose more truth, and get Bernie Sanders elected. Thank you all for your support!"

In one video, according to Mediaite, the word "retarded" is used, and in another Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech is altered to sound sexual.

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
Young, overzealous video producers snuck a grotesque parody video depicting President Trump shooting and stabbing journalists and political figures into a pro-Trump event at his Doral golf resort in Miami, according to Newsmax TV's John Cardillo.
gun violence, video, parody, journalists
782
2019-21-14
Monday, 14 October 2019 03:21 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved