Republicans who think President Donald Trump is often untruthful still support his job performance, according to a new poll from NBC News and SurveyMonkey.
- 76 percent of Republicans think Trump tells the truth all or most of the time.
- 22 percent of Republicans think he tells the truth some of the time or less.
- 56 percent of these Republicans still approve of Trump's job performance.
Of those who doubt Trump but still support him: 61 percent are men, they tend to be younger that Republicans who find Trump trustworthy, and are more likely to live in urban or suburban areas.
According to the poll, Democrats and independents are much more likely to find Trump untrustworthy.
- 5 percent of Democrats and 22 percent of independents think Trump tells the truth all or most of the time.
- 94 percent of Democrats and 76 percent of independents think he tells the truth some of the time or less.
Trump's job approval rating stands at 45 percent, which is tied for the highest rating recorded by NBC News/SurveyMonkey since his term began.
10,163 adults were surveyed from April 20-27, with a margin of error of +/-1.2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.