A new poll finds that former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is the preferred vice presidential pick for Donald Trump.
According to the survey on the Drudge Report
, the preferred picks by 260,000 who voted would be:
- Gingrich, 40 percent
- Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst, 31 percent, with whom Trump met on Monday
- Alabama Sen., Jeff Sessions, 14 percent
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, 7 percent
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, 6 percent
- Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, 2 percent
Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, was expected to name his VP pick at the Republican National Convention in a few weeks. A CNN report Tuesday
, however, claimed Trump will announce his choice next week.
Trump also dropped some potential hints
at who his pick might be on Twitter over the last two days, praising both Pence and Ernst after meeting with them.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.