American Bridge, a Democratic super PAC, released a 78-page research booklet Tuesday on President Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick titled "Too extreme for the Supreme Court," The Hill reports.
The booklet, among many items, says 10th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Neil Gorsuch:
- Had rulings that often condoned police brutality.
- Believed the Affordable Care Act's contraception mandate violated the Free Exercise clause.
- Issued opinions that expanded officers' ability to conduct searches on suspects.
- Granted Utah an extension to file an appeal against the requirement to extend spousal benefits to legally married same-sex couples.
- Ruled against employees who claimed that their employer misinformed them about retirement benefits.
- Claimed the courts should not be used to fight for civil rights.
"We're not going to let Donald Trump get away with trying to push through an extreme, far-right Supreme Court nominee by taking advantage of a week when people are already rightly focused on Trump's Muslim ban, dangerous Cabinet nominees, and efforts to strip healthcare from 20 million Americans," Jessica Mackler, American Bridge's president, told the Hill.
"Opening American Bridge's initial research on Neil Gorsuch to the public so they can learn the full picture about Donald Trump's nominee is the first step in exposing Gorsuch as a right-wing conservative who is severely out of touch with mainstream Americans."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.