President Donald Trump's former deputy campaign manager David Bossie said Tuesday the White House has a "Spartan crowd," and he would not confirm if he's being added as part of a planned "war room" being set up to fight growing questions concerning Russia and the president's campaign.
He did admit he'd been spoken to about "opportunities."
"I hate to speak for myself," Bossie told Fox News' "Fox and Friends" program. "It's an honor and a privilege to consider the president of the United States your friend . . . for me to be reached out to talk about opportunities that present themselves at the White House is kind of a heady thing for a little guy like me."
Bossie said he does not know what will happen, but the White House does need "good people who mean well and speak well for the country, and so they've talked to many people, including me."
Earlier on Tuesday, news broke that White House Communications Director Mike Dubke had resigned his post. Bossie said during Dubke's three months, he had done a good job trying to put together a communications staff, but it looked like it was his time to move on "because the White House looks like it's going in a little bit [of a] different direction."
The White House does have a "nucleus of a good team" that is dedicated to Trump and his agenda, but it does need to "beef it up" when it comes to adding people loyal to the president, said Bossie.
Meanwhile, the pressure is hard on people who are in the White House, and the main stream media is a big part of that, said Bossie.
"The mainstream media is out to destroy this presidency, and for the first time nullify an election, and the American people need to stand up and say enough's enough," Bossie said. "No president has ever seen a permanent obstruction campaign like President Trump."
Bossie also said he agrees with calls to end daily press briefings at the White House.
"Only in the last 15 years or so have we seen the advent of the celebrity press conference," Bossie said. "That's what it has become. And for 220 years, the American people didn't have to deal with that."
He said he doesn't think the White House should release less information, but should instead do it differently, "so Sean Spicer and the communications team, maybe the war room, can push back in different ways without having to take this daily beating by mainstream media. I find it to be really offensive."
Sandy Fitzgerald has more than three decades in journalism and serves as a general assignment writer for Newsmax covering news, media, and politics.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.