Tags: Trump Administration | conway | trump | fbi | memo | fisa

Conway: Trump Has Not Expressed Concerns of FBI Chief Stepping Down

(Fox News/"Fox & Friends")

By    |   Friday, 02 February 2018 09:31 AM

President Donald Trump has not voiced concerns that FBI Director Christopher Wray will step down if he decides to release a GOP memo alleging improper actions by the agency, presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway said Friday.

"The president has not expressed that concern at all," Conway told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" program. 

"I would remind people of a couple things, because I see people lying about this — the president has stated many times that he respects the rank and file the FBI, the 25,000 men and women who do a great job there."

Earlier on Friday, however, Trump lashed out at the FBI and Justice Department on Twitter, calling them biased and saying they "have politicized the sacred investigative process in favor of Democrats and against Republicans."

Trump is expected to allow the publication of a classified House Intelligence Committee, written by Republicans accusing the FBI of using abusive surveillance tactics. Wray opposes releasing the memo, leading to a clash with Trump.

Conway said Friday that the investigation has taken many "twists and turns" and led to a "few bad actors" who were "obviously biased" against Trump while investigating his 2016 campaign rival, Hillary Clinton.

"When it comes to this memo, the president takes very seriously the process and his constitutional duty," Conway said, adding that she hopes that people "screaming about national security concerns" are being honest, and are just not being worried about the memo's contents.

The president addressed Republicans at their winter retreat at the Greenbrier Resort at White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia on Thursday, and Conway said the lawmakers were excited that he came and addressed them, as "he is coming here with a message of progress and of solutions and a vision for this year."

Conway on Friday also confirmed that Trump will not sit down for a halftime interview with NBC News during this weekend's Super bowl.

"He addressed the American people this week through his State of the Union speech," said Conway. "He talks to them, cuts out the middleman plenty of times. He said all he needed to say earlier this week and it was a great speech to the country."

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
Kellyanne Conway said President Donald Trump has not voiced concerns that FBI Director Christopher Wray will step down if he decides to release a GOP memo alleging improper actions by the agency.
conway, trump, fbi, memo, fisa
359
2018-31-02
Friday, 02 February 2018 09:31 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved