Fifty-three percent of Americans disapprove of the job President Donald Trump is doing, but 57 percent say things are going very well or fairly well in the country, according to a new CNN/SSRS poll released Monday.
Trump's approval rating sits at 41 percent, yet his numbers on specific issues have risen:
- 40 percent approve of the way he is handling immigration, compared to 36 percent in February.
- 42 percent approve of Trump's handling of foreign affairs, compared to 39 percent in March.
- 52 percent approve of the way the president is handling the economy, a 4 percent rise since March.
The 57 percent who believe the country is doing fairly well or very well is up 8 percentage points since February. The mark is also the highest in the history of the survey dating back to May 2006.
Additional findings include:
- 47 percent of Americans say Hillary Clinton would have done a better job as president.
- 45 percent say they have more confidence in Republicans in Congress to deal with the major issues facing the country today.
- 56 percent say Barack Obama was a better president than Trump has been.
- 54 percent of the respondents who said they disapprove of the way Trump is handling his job say their disapproval is driven more by Trump’s personality and leadership qualities.
The poll, conducted May 2-5, surveyed 1,015 people and has a margin of error of 3.6 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.