Retired neurosurgeon and 2016 GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson announced Friday that a group of doctors will lead his "National Medical Coalition."
Carson said in a statement that the group of medical professionals "will include authors, lecturers, and policy experts whose respective medical specialties range from dentistry to anesthesiology to ophthalmology."
The statement notes that the group of doctors will help spread Dr. Carson's message of "liberty, simplicity and personal responsibility for healthcare reform."
Carson's "Nationals Medical Coalition" team includes:
- Jane Anderson, MD - California
- Karl Anderson, MD - California
- Steven Boyce, MD - North Carolina
- Donald Carmichael, MD - Alabama
- Merlynn Carson, MD - Maryland
- Rosemary Fernandez-Stein, MD - North Carolina
- Gerard Gianoli, MD - Louisiana
- Alma Golden, MD - Texas
- Kris Held, MD - Texas
- Robert Henderson, pharmacist - Maryland
- Jeff Hook, MD - South Carolina
- Jane Hughes, MD - Texas
- Tim Jordan, MD - North Carolina
- Chris Leggett, MD - Georgia
- Jane Orient, MD - Arizona
- Dee Parsons, nurse - North Carolina
- William Parsons, MD - North Carolina
- Evan Reasor, MD - California
- Juliana Reasor, nurse - California
- Ezra Riber, MD - South Carolina
- John Rosemond, psychologist - North Carolina
- Robert Sewell, MD - Texas
- Carrie Shapiro, patient advocate - Maryland
- Kevin Speight, MD - North Carolina
- Jennifer Stanislaus, MD - South Carolina
- Dave Stein, MD - North Carolina
- Michael Strickland, MD - Ohio
- Christina Taylor, MD - Iowa
- Clark Warden, MD - Louisiana
- Craig Wax, DO - New Jersey
- John R. Whiffen, MD - California
- Kumar Yogesh, MD - Tennessee
"I'm thrilled and grateful that these distinguished professionals have agreed to join me to give voice to We the People," said Dr. Carson. "Together, we will craft real solutions to the grave healthcare challenges confronting Americans."
Dr. Jennifer Stanislaus of South Carolina added, "I have long admired Dr. Carson for his distinguished medical career.... I respect his strong values and commitment to holding Washington accountable to the voters. We need his leadership to repeal and replace Obamacare, and I'm excited to participate in the effort to restore the doctor-patient relationship and help end the distortions created by vast government intrusions into our healthcare system."
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.