DirecTV, by dropping Newsmax, is making "business decisions for ideological reasons in direct conflict with the interests of consumers, employees, shareholders, "and even more importantly, is suppressing free speech and freedom of the press," Rep. Bob Good told Newsmax Wednesday.
"Newsmax is a station that's willing to hold the government accountable when the government is wrong," the Virginia Republican said on Newsmax's "National Report." "We need to do that.
"I'm old enough to remember when the left used to stand up for freedom of speech and for all viewpoints to be heard. That used to be a hallmark of classic liberalism. No longer is that the case today."
Good, one of the lawmakers signing a letter last week to DirecTV and its parent company, AT&T, to speak out against the provider's decision to remove Newsmax, said he's proud to have joined in the effort with his colleagues to call out what is going on.
He added that as a result of DirecTV's actions, he has been hearing that the satellite and streaming provider is "hemorrhaging customers."
They have received tens of thousands of calls and outrage from upset customers, and they're losing millions of subscribers, as they ought to," said Good, adding that there is no reason for DirecTV to try to eliminate Newsmax, as they did the network's conservative competitor OAN last year.
The OAN cancellation came, he added, "as a direct result of Democrats on the Energy and Commerce Committee" reaching out to DirecTV and asking that the network be dropped.
"Now it looks like Newsmax may suffer the same fate."
Actions to Take Now
1. DirecTV customers: Call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air. President Trump urges you CANCEL!
- Important: If DirecTV tells you we’re still negotiating, that is a lie! They have told NEWSMAX we will never be on a regular cable channel. DirecTV also replaced NEWSMAX with a channel that has no news and no ratings. Also, NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.
2. AT&T customers: Call toll free at 888-855-2338, for any of their cellphones, wireless products, or services, and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX. President Trump has urged you to cancel their services.
3. Call your congressman or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T/DirecTV’s censorship of NEWSMAX — ask them to give you a date on the hearings!
4. Go to our online petition and get more info at: iWantNewsmax.com.
About NEWSMAX TV:
NEWSMAX is the fastest-growing cable news channel in America!
Sandy Fitzgerald ✉
Sandy Fitzgerald has more than three decades in journalism and serves as a general assignment writer for Newsmax covering news, media, and politics.
© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.