Former Vice President Joe Biden is the only Democrat polling ahead of President Donald Trump in Ohio, a new survey finds.
Results from the latest Quinnipiac University poll of 1,431 Ohio voters surveyed July 17-22 regarding the 2020 election:
- Biden leads Trump, 50% to 42%.
- Trump is ahead of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., 46% to 45%.
- Trump is ahead of Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., 46% to 45%.
- Trump is ahead of Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., 44% to 43%.
- Trump is tied with both Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 44% each in separate head-to-head matchups.
As for Biden, he holds an advantage over Trump among women (53% to 40%), blacks (84% to 8%), and independents (55% to 32%).
"Former Vice President Joseph Biden calls himself a blue-collar guy. With Ohio certainly a blue-collar state, it is no surprise he is the Democrat who runs best against President Donald Trump and is solidly ahead in the Democratic primary in the Buckeye State," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
"Biden runs best against President Trump in every Quinnipiac University state poll so far. To get reelected, Trump will need to win the industrial Midwest. Ohio certainly is key to that plan."
The Ohio poll has an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.
Another recent poll, meanwhile, found that independents remain largely undecided on who to support for president.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.