Tags: Charlottesville | trial | judge | murder | death penalty

Judge: Accused Charlottesville Killer's Trial Won't Be Moved

Judge: Accused Charlottesville Killer's Trial Won't Be Moved
(Ryan M. Kelly/AP)

By    |   Thursday, 30 August 2018 08:50 PM

The trial for the man charged with mowing down several people during the 2017 Charlottesville, Virginia protests will remain in Charlottesville, a judge said Thursday.

According to The Daily Progress, Judge Richard Moore heard the motion to change the venue for the trial of James Alex Fields Jr. on Thursday, but said he believes a jury that is impartial can still be put together despite the high-profile nature of the event.

"You'd have to be isolated to not have been affected by last year's events," Moore said. "But not everyone is affected in the same way."

Fields is accused of driving into a crowd of people in Charlottesville, killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer, and injured dozens of others. If found guilty, he could be imprisoned for life. He also faces 30 federal hate crime charges, for which he could be sentenced to death.

The trial is scheduled to start Nov. 26.

© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
A judge ruled Thursday the trial for the man charged with mowing down several people during the 2017 Charlottesville, Virginia protests will remain in Charlottesville.
trial, judge, murder, death penalty
150
2018-50-30
Thursday, 30 August 2018 08:50 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved