President Donald Trump will still deliver an address to the nation on Jan. 29, as the White House has a "Plan B" to use in the event that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi officially uninvites him from delivering his State of the Union address before a joint session of Congress, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders insisted Wednesday.
"Whether he does that from the halls of Congress or whether he does that in another location, the president will talk to the American people on January 29th, as he does nearly every single day," Sanders told Fox News' "Fox and Friends."
"We’re going to continue moving forward with the State of the Union and see what happens."
Last week, Pelosi, D-Calif., requested Trump postpone the address, saying there were security concerns about him speaking while government workers are furloughed.
“I think we're all glad to see Nancy finally care about the safety and security of someone, including the president," Sanders said Wednesday. "I wish she would take that same level of concern and apply it to the millions of Americans that live in this country that have been impacted by the fact we have a completely open border."
Sanders on Wednesday also said it's not clear if she will continue to give White House press briefings, and that "we'll see what happens" when asked if the Trump White House plans to resume the practice.
On Tuesday, President Donald Trump tweeted that he's told Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings, as the press covers her "so rudely & inaccurately," and besides, "the word gets out anyway."
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.