Tags: Iran | report | iran | threatening | missile attacks | us forces

Report: Iran Threatening Missile Attacks on US Forces

Image: Report: Iran Threatening Missile Attacks on US Forces
(Atta Kenare/Getty Images)

By    |   Tuesday, 31 October 2017 02:45 PM

A top Iranian military commander is threatening ballistic missile attacks on U.S. forces, The Washington Free Beacon reports.

The Free Beacon attributed its information to U.S. officials and regional reports and said the commander's comments came as part of a public effort by Iran to show it has advanced missile capabilities.

The Iranians revealed their ballistic missile technology can hit U.S. forces up to nearly 1,300 miles or 2,000 kilometers away.

"Based on the policies specified by the leader (Ayatollah Khamenei), the range of our missiles is limited to 2,000 km, but we have the capability to increase the range," Maj. Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari, head of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

"At present, it (this distance) is sufficient because the Americans are in a 2,000 km radius from our country and their attacks will be responded," Jafari was quoted saying in Iran's state-controlled press outlets, according to the Free Beacon.

Meanwhile, U.S. officials have plans to counter Iranian missile threats.

"We have consistently maintained that we will work with our allies to change Iran's malign and destabilizing activities," one senior military official told the Free Beacon.

Jafari vowed last month that any new effort to sanction Tehran would be viewed as a "U.S. unilateral withdrawal from the nuclear deal," the Free Beacon reported.

"If the U.S. new sanctions act comes into action, (the U.S.) should transfer its regional bases to 2,000 km away, that is as far as the range of Iranian missiles," Jafari said.

However, Jafari noted he didn't believe there would be any war between Iran and the U.S., ABC News reported.

"They know that if they begin a war between Iran and the United States, they will definitely be the main losers and their victory will by no means be guaranteed," he said. "Therefore, they won't start a war."

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
A top Iranian military commander is threatening ballistic missile attacks on U.S. forces, The Washington Free Beacon reports.
report, iran, threatening, missile attacks, us forces
303
2017-45-31
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 02:45 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved