Highlighting economic growth and ripping his political opponents' attempts to "obstruct," President Donald Trump wrote a year 1 review of his administration's accomplishments in a Washington Examiner opinion piece Saturday.
"Even as Democrats continue to obstruct and play politics, I have never stopped fighting for the people, and I have no intention of changing course," President Trump's op-ed began.
Among his administration's first-year accomplishments he highlighted:
- Estimates of the past three quarters of more than 3 percent growth.
- 2 million new jobs created.
- Lowest unemployment "rate in 17 years: 4.1 percent."
- "The lowest African-American unemployment rate on record, and the unemployment rate for Hispanic Americans has also hit historic lows."
- Record highs on all of the major stock indexes.
- Passing "massive tax cuts and tax reform for the American people."
- Repealing Obamacare's individual mandate.
- Regulatory rollback and deregulation by "eliminating 22 regulatory actions for every new regulation."
- "Ending the war on coal."
- Approving the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines.
- Opening "a small portion of the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve to safe and responsible exploration and development."
- Making communities safer, "rooting out violence and restoring the rule of law."
- Providing "more than $1 billion in funding in 2017 to address opioid addiction and other drug-related problems."
- Rebuilding the U.S. military, including "a comprehensive nuclear posture review, and the fielding of state-of-the-art ballistic missile defenses."
- Putting ISIS and terrorists in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan in retreat, if not annihilation.
- Rebuilding Veterans Affairs through "increased accountability, as the VA has fired 1,440 failing employees, suspended 430, and demoted 79, all as part of my efforts to make sure veterans get the help they need, in the time frame they deserve."
- Appointing Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.
"After one year, I am proud to report to the American people that we truly are making America great again – for all Americans!" President Trump's op-ed concluded.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.