Nearly the entire Republican Party — 85% of likely Republican primary voters — prefers a candidate for the GOP's presidential nomination who challenges "woke" ideas, according to a new CBS News/YouGov poll.
Urgent: Famed Jewish Author Defends Tucker Carlson, ‘Darkness Is Here,’ See More Here
Here are how the poll results, released Monday, break down:
- 59% of the likely GOP primary voters say former President Donald Trump challenges woke ideas, compared to 24% who say that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis does. Four percent say the same thing about former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, 4% say it for entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and 4% say it about former Vice President Mike Pence.
- 66% say things are going either somewhat badly or very badly in the U.S, compared to 34% who say things are going somewhat well or very well.
- 32% say the economy is the top issue in the 2024 presidential race, followed by 13%, who say democracy and election issues are. Healthcare came in third with 11% rating it the top issue and 10% say gun policy is.
- 58% say they will vote for Trump in their state's primary.
- 22% say they will back DeSantis.
- 5% say they will vote for Pence.
- 5% say they will support Ramaswamy.
- No other candidates polled 5% or more.
- 94% said they will vote for Trump because of his past performance as president, another 94% say they back him "because he fights for people like me." And 84% say they are voting for him because he would beat President Joe Biden.
The poll, conducted April 27-29, surveyed 2,372 adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 5.4% for likely Republican primary voters.
Doctor: It’s not Keto . . . it’s your liver causing obesity, See More Here
Jeffrey Rodack ✉
Jeffrey Rodack, who has nearly a half century in news as a senior editor and city editor for national and local publications, has covered politics for Newsmax for nearly seven years.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.