Broadcast networks hammered President Donald Trump and his administration over the summer — despite a raft of good economic news — with reports that were 92 percent negative, according to conservative media watchdog study.
The Media Research Center said its study of 1,007 evening news stories on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1-Sept. 30 revealed the most hostile coverage of a president in TV news history, with just 8 percent of the coverage positive.
According to the MRC, here is the top coverage by the networks about the Trump administration over the four-month period:
- Russia collusion investigation, with 342 minutes of air time, 97 percent of which was negative.
- Immigration policies, with 308 minutes of air time, and 94 percent negative coverage.
- The nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, with 291 minutes of coverage, 82 percent of which was negative.
- North Korea diplomacy, with 179 minutes of coverage, 90 percent of it negative.
- And U.S. relations with Russia, with 151 minutes of coverage, 99 percent of which was negative.
Meanwhile, the booming economy netted just 14 minutes of airtime with positive coverage, MRC reported.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.