Tags: Donald Trump | jack nicklaus | golf | tournament | doral | donald trump

Jack Nicklaus: 'Disappointed' Golf Championship Leaving Miami

Jack Nicklaus: 'Disappointed' Golf Championship Leaving Miami
(Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

By    |   Thursday, 02 June 2016 02:59 PM

Jack Nicklaus said in a statement that he's "disappointed for Doral and the city of Miami" to have lost the World Golf Championship.

The WGC, which had been played at Donald Trump's Doral property since 2007, is moving to Mexico City starting next year. The move leaves Doral without a PGA Tour event for the first time since 1962.

"I have always believed that golf is a global game, and I have made it a lifelong mission to travel the world to introduce and grow the game by either playing it or designing golf courses," Nicklaus said. "So I am delighted that an event with the significance of a World Golf Championship is coming to Mexico City, and I think it is a huge positive for the Tour and the game itself. My only hope is that golf played at its highest level will soon return to Miami and Trump Doral."

The PGA Tour was forced to find a new sponsor and host after Cadillac pulled its sponsorship of the WGC.

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Jack Nicklaus said in a statement that he's "disappointed for Doral and the city of Miami" to have lost the World Golf Championship.
jack nicklaus, golf, tournament, doral, donald trump
171
2016-59-02
Thursday, 02 June 2016 02:59 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved