Tags: Trump Administration | Democrats 2016 | Health Topics | Hillary Clinton | hillary clinton | pneumonia | sick

Clinton Camp: Nominee Stayed Alert, Extensive Health Report Coming


By    |   Monday, 12 September 2016 01:13 PM

Hillary Clinton was alert the whole time after suddenly leaving a 9/11 ceremony on Sunday and stumbling while getting into a car, and even started making calls to aides while heading to her daughter's apartment, campaign press spokesman Brian Fallon said Monday.

"The aides with her, they can tell you she was seen chasing her granddaughter around at Chelsea's apartment a few moments after leaving the ceremony site," Fallon told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, explaining that the staff does regret waiting 90 minutes after Clinton left the ceremony to inform the public that she had been diagnosed with pneumonia, and that a more extensive report on her health will be released this week.

"I do think in the 90 minutes that elapsed we could have gotten information out quickly. That's on the staff," Fallon told Mitchell. "That's on us. We regret that."

Fallon said that even after Clinton was diagnosed on Friday, she kept her full schedule and was determined to attend the New York City ceremony on Sunday, as she was one of New York's senators when the attacks happened "and it meant a great deal for her to be there."

Clinton took part in the ceremony for a bit over an hour, but started to feel "overheated."

"She initially left on her own accord," Fallon said. "In those 90 minutes, we were putting a priority on making sure she was okay. I should say as soon as she got into the vehicle she was alert the whole time. She was telling staff that she was fine. She was actually making calls to aides from the car. She ended up going to her daughter Chelsea's apartment which was close by in Manhattan."

Fallon said many others who were at the ceremony said there was a crowd and it was getting hot when Clinton left on her own accord.

"I think as she was getting into the vehicle she got a little bit dizzy," Fallon said. "She was helped into the vehicle but immediately upon being seated there she was talking to staff and making calls. She was up running around in her daughter's apartment chasing her grandkids around. Within 90 minutes people saw her on the sidewalk as she exited her daughter's apartment building. If it was up to her she would be traveling to California today. It was her doctor's advice to change her schedule."

Clinton will take the next few days to rest, but she didn't want to, he continued.

"It was the staff really prevailing to take the next two days off," Fallon said. "This morning she's already been calling staff. She made phone calls this morning. She will be dialing into that finance event on the West Coast later today. I expect by the middle to later in the week she'll be on the campaign trail. This is the Hillary Clinton Americans got to know — somebody that keeps a breakneck pace, traveled the globe. She's indefatigable."

Clinton herself wanted to go to Chelsea's apartment, said Fallon, telling Mitchell she'd need to ask the Secret Service about the nature of the protocols and decision to take her to the apartment rather than to a hospital.

"Believe me, she was telling everybody in earshot she was perfectly fine," Fallon said. "We made immediate attempts to get in touch with her physician. Her physician was able to visit her soon after at her home later in the day. As soon as that visit happened she confirmed that it was pneumonia that was likely causing dehydration that caused her to feel overheated earlier in the day. We put that statement out from her physician as soon as the exam was performed."

Clinton initially blamed her recent coughing spells on allergies, and Fallon confirmed that she does suffer from seasonal symptoms.

"She visited the doctor's office on Friday and got the diagnosis. She made the decision to press ahead and hold the national security summit," Fallon said. "She held media availability later and that night participated in another evening event. She was of the mind to keep her full schedule and plow ahead. Things changed yesterday after she started to feel overheated yesterday. Her full intention getting that diagnosis on Friday was to press forward. In the coming days, we have been in touch with her physician this morning."

Meanwhile, Clinton's physician is putting together materials for a report to "further put to rest any lingering concerns" about Sunday's event, Fallon said, but he can "attest that it is the case that there is no other undisclosed condition. The pneumonia is the extent of it."

Fallon said there have been several people in the campaign, including himself, who have been ill in recent weeks.

"That's not to be unexpected on a presidential campaign," he said. "People work long hours. It is important to take good care of yourself. All of us are frequently in awe of the schedule that our own boss keeps. So no one can complain about the long hours we work in headquarters compared to the hours that Hillary Clinton puts in."

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

1Like our page
Hillary Clinton was alert the whole time after suddenly leaving a 9/11 ceremony on Sunday and stumbling while getting into a car, and even started making calls to aides while heading to her daughter's apartment, campaign press spokesman Brian Fallon said Monday.
hillary clinton, pneumonia, sick, brian fallon
Monday, 12 September 2016 01:13 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved