More Democrats than Republicans think men are better off than women in the United States, according to a new Politico/Morning Consult poll released Friday.
The poll shows 55 percent of Democratic voters think men fare better, compared to about 20 percent of Republicans, according to the online poll taken among 1,933 registered voters earlier this month, reports Politico.
According to the poll's findings:
- 44 percent of women said men have a better life.
- 5 percent of women said women have a better life.
- 52 percent of men think there is little difference between the genders.
- 28 percent of men said they have a better life.
- 10 percent say women are better off.
Meanwhile, most women said their most pressing issues involved treatment in the workplace:
- 41 percent cited pay equity, job discrimination, or workplace sexual harassment.
- 23 percent said sexual and domestic violence are most pressing.
- 7 percent cited reproductive rights.
The poll's findings come after a record number of women, particularly Democrats, were elected to Congress, and women will likely drive the 2020 race for the Democratic nomination.
In the poll, 79 percent of Democratic women said they want a candidate who can heal divisions, and 14 percent said they want one who will fight back.
Meanwhile, 74 percent of the voters surveyed said women are better off in the United States, including 76 percent of men and 71 percent of women.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.