Ninety percent of Americans say they are satisfied with the way things are going in their personal life, a new Gallup poll reveals.
It is the highest satisfaction number in four decades, beating the previous high of 88% recorded in 2003.
Here is how the results of the poll, released Thursday, break down:
- 96% of those earning $100,000 or more are satisfied.
- 93% of Republicans are satisfied.
- 86% of Democrats are satisfied.
- 92% of men are satisfied.
- 87% of women are satisfied.
- 65% of all those polled say they are "very satisfied" with the direction of their personal life.
"It's likely no coincidence that Americans' heightened satisfaction with their personal life comes as confidence in the U.S. economy and their personal finances are also at long-term or record highs," Gallup noted in its report on the poll results.
The poll, conducted Jan. 2-15, surveyed 1,014 adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.