Supporters of President Donald Trump generally lean more toward Russia than the average voter, a new poll shows.
In a Zogby Analytics survey released Thursday, a majority of Americans aren't sure what country is a better ally — but among those who have an opinion, Russia and Saudi Arabia, and Russia and China come close to equals.
Those surveyed felt:
- Egypt is preferred as an ally by 31 percent versus 23 percent for Russia
- Mexico is favored by 46 percent versus 20 percent for Russia, the survey found.
That wasn't the case with Trump supporters:
- 33 percent-18 percent think Russia is a better ally than Saudi Arabia.
- 32 percent-26 percent prefer Russia over Egypt as an ally.
- 39 percent-17 percent think Russia is a better ally than China.
"Mexico is the only country in our survey that is a preferred ally, compared to Russia, among Trump voters — 40 percent-28 percent," the pollster found.
The survey also found that 72 percent of Trump supporters agree that America and Russia can find a lot of common ground in fighting jihadism, compared with 60 percent of average voters.
The poll's margin of error is 2.7 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.