ABC's chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross is returning to the network after a suspension, but his role will be drastically different because of a serious reporting mistake he made regarding a story about President Donald Trump last month.
According to CNN, Ross will start a new job at an ABC unit called Lincoln Square Productions Monday. His title will remain the same but he will focus on "long-term projects," two sources told CNN, rather than breaking news.
Ross' new job will not involve live breaking news reports. Last month, Ross reported that Trump, as a presidential candidate, asked his campaign adviser Michael Flynn to contact the Russians during the campaign. The report was corrected hours later to say Trump asked Flynn to reach out to their Russian counterparts after he had won the election.
The mistake led to ABC suspending Ross for four weeks without pay.
ABC News President James Goldston said Friday Ross will not cover Trump moving forward, CNN reported.
Ross' reporting mistake occurred on the same day Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.