Tags: Berlin | Germany | release | suspect | christmas | market | attacker

German Prosecutors Release Suspected Christmas Market Attacker

Image: German Prosecutors Release Suspected Christmas Market Attacker

 (AP)

Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 01:19 PM

A man arrested on suspicion of killing 12 people by mowing through a Berlin Christmas market in a truck has been released, the Chief Federal Prosecutor's Office said on Tuesday.

"The investigation up to now did not yield any urgent suspicion against the accused," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

The prosecutor's office said the suspect had made extensive statements during a police hearing, but had denied the offence.

It added it had been impossible to track the truck driver by eye-witnesses following the attack and that the investigation so far had not been able to prove that the suspect was in the truck's cab at the time of the attack.

© 2017 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
A man arrested on suspicion of killing 12 people by mowing through a Berlin Christmas market in a truck has been released, the Chief Federal Prosecutor's Office said on Tuesday.
Berlin, Germany, release, suspect, christmas, market, attacker
112
2016-19-20
Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 01:19 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved