Tags: Immigration | Trump Administration | airforce | border wall

Air Force: Border Wall Spending Plan Poses Security Threat

Air Force: Border Wall Spending Plan Poses Security Threat

By    |   Friday, 13 September 2019 12:35 PM

President Donald Trump's plan to use funds from 51 Air Force military construction projects is posing security risks for the armed forces, a report from the U.S. Air Force says.

"These projects are still very important, and we continue to be committed to our allies and partners," Air Force spokesperson Ann Stefanek told NBC News after the network obtained a copy of the report. 

According to Trump's plan, $3.6 billion is to be allocated toward 175 miles of wall along the southern border, with $1.8 billion from projects in the continental United States and $1.8 billion from overseas projects. 

The report gives the importance of each of 51 projects the Trump administration chose to lose their funding. 

One of the projects is at Incirlik Air Force Base in Turkey, where the main gate's entry control point has degraded and is "vulnerable" at a time of increased terrorist threats, the Air Force reported. 

Military construction projects supporting the European Defense Initiative, which increases the U.S. military's ability to deter Russian aggression, also have been put on hold. This means upgrades airfields in Germany, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Hungary, and Slovakia are shelved and the bases will not be able to support U.S. and NATO planes, the report said. 

Further, storage facilities and fuel supply construction is also postponed, impairing support for Operation Atlantic Resolve in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, the document states. 

At Spangahlem Air Base in Germany, the safety of a dozen F/A-22 aircraft and personnel is also in danger, the report says, because the shelters are not vented adequately. Aircraft shelters will also not be upgraded, leaving assets vulnerable to enemy attack. 

The Air Force only learned what projects were at risk when the Trump administration released its list to Congress and the public last week, officials from Congress and the Air Force said. 

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
President Donald Trump's plan to use funds from 51 Air Force military construction projects is posing security risks for the armed forces, a report from the U.S. Air Force says.
airforce, border wall
306
2019-35-13
Friday, 13 September 2019 12:35 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved