“The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate,” President Donald J. Trump said Monday, after Saturday’s twin mass murders. “In one voice, our nation must condemn racism
, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul.”
“TRUMP FINALLY CONDEMNS WHITE SUPREMACY,” WokeAmerica.com screamed. “President Trump at long last has uttered the term,” claimed ThinkProgress.org.
However, Trump’s much-welcome words were nothing new. He repeatedly has denounced haters, racists, and anti-Semites. Alas, conniving Democrats and their corrupt media bootblacks labor mightily to conceal this fact.
• In his maiden speech to Congress, Trump said: “Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a Nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms.”
— February 28, 2017
• “We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for, there is no place for this kind of violence in America. Let’s come together as one!” Trump wrote via Twitter, as deadly race riots rocked Charlottesville, Virginia. “We must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion, or political party, we are ALL AMERICANS FIRST.”
— August 12, 2017 — 10:19 a.m.
• “Racism is evil,” Trump said. “And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”
— August 14, 2017
• There were “very fine people, on both sides,” in Charlottesville, “protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee,” Trump said. He specified: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally.” He also called them “rough, bad people.”
— August 15, 2017
• “Anti-Semitism and the widespread persecution of Jews represent one of the ugliest and darkest features of human history,” Trump said, soon after a deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue. “There must be no tolerance for anti-Semitism in America or for any form of religious or racial hatred or prejudice.”
— October 27, 2018
• “We must never ignore the vile poison of anti-Semitism, or those who spread its venomous creed,” Trump declared in his State of the Union address. “With one voice, we must confront this hatred anywhere and everywhere it occurs.”
— February 5, 2019
• “I think it’s a small group of people that have very, very serious problems,” Trump said about white supremacism. “It’s certainly a terrible thing.”
— March 15, 2019
• “Our entire nation mourns the loss of life, prays for the wounded, and stands in solidarity with the Jewish community,” Trump said, after a fatal synagogue shooting in Poway, California. “We forcefully condemn the evil of anti-Semitism and hate, which must be defeated.”
— April 27, 2019
• “We will fight with all of our strength and everything that we have in our bodies to defeat anti-Semitism, to end the attacks on the Jewish people, and to conquer all forms of persecution, intolerance, and hate,” Trump said as he welcomed to the Rose Garden Poway’s Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein.
— May 2, 2019
Conversely, President Trump never should have said several things:
• While he said of Mexican illegal aliens, “some, I assume, are good people,” he painted others too broadly for “bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”
• U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel is American, not Mexican, and perfectly qualified to hear a case involving Trump.
• The four-member, far-Left Democrat “Squad” are all U.S. citizens, three native-born Americans. These congresswomen need not “go back” anywhere.
Still, when journalists almost unanimously bury President Trump’s repeated pleas to undermine racists and unite the country, fear and loathing thrive. Thus, the Left-wing media are the unindicted conspirators of America’s anti-Semites, white nationalists, and other odious racists.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a contributing editor with National Review Online. He has been a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University. Read more opinions from Deroy Murdock — Click Here Now.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.