Take a break from the traditional chocolate and roses to renew the spark this Valentine's Day by choosing a special way to celebrate.
Whether you want to make it a quiet evening or an adventure, there are plenty of options to enrich this romantic occasion — simple or extravagant, local or far, or you can even brighten up the evening at home.
Here are 10 unique ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day:
1. Surprise getaway — Ask your partner to go to lunch or dinner, then surprise them with the real plans, Family Life advises. For example, tell them you already made reservations at a bed-and-breakfast or at a fine hotel or resort, and let the surprise be a great Valentine’s Day retreat.
Special: This Little-Known Website Can Erase $100,000 of Debt . . .
2. Sentimental journey — Go on a date to the place where you first met. Choose a restaurant you remember or some event when you first got together. Share memories from that time.
3. Party ticket — Many cities and towns host Valentine’s Day party ticket events. These celebrations include lounge parties, couples’ dinners and dances, masquerade balls, or music extravaganzas.
4. Romantic tour — Going on a tour to someplace nearby, such as a park or museum, makes for a good day-time activity, according to Marie Claire. Try out something different, perhaps a ghost tour, in the evening.
5. Karaoke — What better way to remember old times than singing songs together in front of an audience at a karaoke bar or club. These could be songs you remember from the past or perhaps the ones that brought you together.
Alert: Leading Heart Doctor Reveals Proof of an Afterlife
6. Supper club — Supper club outings feature the finest chefs at dining establishments and even the homes of chefs, according to Esquire. They have a social club atmosphere. If you live in or near a city, supper club websites offer outings.
7. Spa day — Women would love a facial, pedicure, and relaxation with a day at the spa. Men can get into the action as well. It makes a splendid Valentine’s Day when followed by a romantic dinner.
8. Skating rinks — Roller skating rinks might have special Valentine’s Day events. Ice-skating rinks are popping up all over the country. Holding hands, wearing sweaters, and drinking hot chocolate makes for a perfect February night.
9. Indoor picnic — If you’d like to stay at home, you could turn your romantic adventure into a picnic with a variety of props, suggests Sheryl Kurland, author of “Everlasting Matrimony: Pearls of Wisdom from Couples Married 50 Years or More.” Include a picnic tablecloth somewhere with paper goods, finger foods, treats, and wine. Order out for food. Make up your own games or play board games.
10. Scavenger hunt around town — One partner has the answer riddles based on items located throughout the neighborhood or areas near where you live. The last item provides the key to revealing the planned activities for the evening.
Important: 4 Things You'll Feel Before a Heart Attack
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.