Republican strategist Tom Korologos, former ambassador to Belgium, sees good things ahead for Republicans and ill tides for Democrats next year. Here are predictions he wrote on Politico
• “Fully a third of the Obama cabinet will resign ‘for family reasons.’
• “There will be wholesale announcements by senior Democratic members of both the House and Senate who will say they are not seeking re-election next time, recognizing the all but certain fact they will not be in power for at least four, six and even eight years.
• “Speaker John Boehner and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell will become the most powerful political figures in Washington. Their toughest job will be not to overplay their hand.
• “Confirmation hearings in the Senate will be so contentious the administration will have trouble filling vacancies, resorting to more and more absentee appointments.
• “The Washington Post, New York Times and MSNBC will systematically — and alphabetically, given the current trend — seek ways to try to destroy potential Republican presidential nominees. (See George Allen and Haley Barbour.)”
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.