×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Tags: mrsa | makeup | brush | infection | paralyzed | woman

Infection From Makeup Brush Leaves Young Mom Paralyzed

Wednesday, 08 April 2015 01:28 PM

An Australia mother has been left paralyzed by a virulent staph infection she contracted from using a friend's makeup brush, CBS News reports.

Jo Gilchrist started feeling back pain in February, then lost all feeling in her legs and lower body was treated at a hospital in Brisbane, according to The Daily Mail Australia.

The infection was found to have been caused by by a drug-resistant strain of staph called MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) that she picked up using a friend’s makeup brush.

'The only thing we can put it down to is the makeup brush," she told the paper. "My friend did have a staph infection on her face and I was using her brush just before. I had no idea that could even happen, I used to share with my friends all the time."

© 2022 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.


Health-News
An Australia mother has been paralyzed by a virulent staph infection she says she contracted from using a friend's makeup brush.
mrsa, makeup, brush, infection, paralyzed, woman
137
2015-28-08
Wednesday, 08 April 2015 01:28 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
Find Your Condition
TOP

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved