The Goliath-sized Icelandic actor who portrays Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane on "Game of Thrones" has shared his diet plan with GOT fans on Facebook and Instagram. Not surprisingly, Hafþór Júlíus "Thor" Björnsson’s is living large
in every sense of the phrase.
The 7-foot-tall, 395-pound actor says he consumes eight meals and 10,000 calories each day — four to five times the typical diet — as part of training for the upcoming World’s Strongest Man competition, Tech Insider
Here’s what Björnsson says he eats every day:
8 eggs, plus oats, plus blueberries, strawberries, avocado.
400 grams of beef, 400 grams of sweet potatoes, plus a handful of spinach greens.
400 grams of chicken, plus 400 grams of potatoes, greens, fruit.
Smoothie made from 150 grams of oats or sweet potatoes, two bananas, Kellogg’s Rice Krispies, frozen berries, almonds, peanut butter, and glutamine
Late afternoon snack:
60 grams of protein, plus two bananas.
500 grams of beef, plus potatoes, greens.
500 grams of salmon, plus 500 grams of sweet potatoes.
50 grams or casein protein or six eggs, plus avocado, 30 grams of almonds, 50 grams of peanut butter.
Björnsson notes he exercises twice a day and says he also drinks a lot of water and juice throughout the day “to get more calories!!”
“People been asking me a lot about my diet and what I eat!” he said in an online post, accompanying his diet plan. “Yes this is a lot & I don’t recommend YOU to try this!!”
Thanks for the tip, Mountain man.
A partial calorie breakdown follows, for those keeping score at home:
- Eight eggs (624 calories; 78 calories per egg)
- 200 grams of oats (778 calories)
- A cup each of blueberries and strawberries (120 calories)
- An avocado (234 calories)
- One-ounce serving of almonds (129 calories)
- 400 grams of beef (1,000 calories)
- 400 grams of sweet potatoes (344 calories)
- 400 grams of chicken (656 calories)
- 400 grams of potatoes (376 calories)
- 500 grams of beef, plus potatoes and greens (1,250 calories)
- 500 grams of salmon (1,040 calories)
- 500 grams of sweet potatoes (430 calories)
- 150 grams of oats or sweet potatoes (584 calories)
- Two bananas (210 calories)
- 140 grams of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies (533 calories)
- A cup of frozen berries (80 calories)
- 50 grams of peanut butter (294 calories)
© 2022 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.