Recent scientific studies have shown that:
• Too little sleep can lead to poor dietary choices.
• Improving disturbed sleep can help banish the blues and optimize a man's sex life (two new studies).
• Regularly sleeping less than six hours a night quadruples the risk of stroke.
• Even typical noises in a hospital can disturb sleep and interfere with recovery. (No surprise there)
• Many cases of poor sleep in adults are caused by fear of the dark. (Hey, it's okay to use a night light — and red light is best for not interfering with melatonin.)
All these recent studies point to the crucial connection between optimal sleep and optimal health. So here are my simple secrets for getting the ZZZ's you need to get your health into A-plus shape.
© 2022 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.