The skin is the largest organ of the body. It is necessary to take very good care of it. However, many causes affect or irritate the skin, resulting in dermatitis or rashes. Redness, swelling, burning, and itching are some common symptoms of dermatitis or any skin rash including eczema. These can be cleared with proper treatment. There are many effective treatments for rashes, but it is important to understand the primary causes of this irritating condition before seeking relevant remedies.
Most Common Skin Rashes or Dermatitis
• Eczema/atopic dermatitis is the most common form of dermatitis. This childhood skin disorder causes redness, itching, or weeping rashes and is common in asthma patients. Such rashes occur in children and adults alike. It is usually visible in persons with a family history of allergies or dermatitis. Eczema is non-contagious. Some factors like skin irritants, stress, improper sleep, or unfavorable climate can worsen eczema or atopic dermatitis. These conditions require immediate treatment.
• Seborrheic dermatitis is more common in adults. The scalp, forehead, and external ears are the parts commonly affected.
• Diaper rash is caused in infants due to tight fit or prolonged wear of diapers or nappies. This rash is usually short term. Irritation, yeast infection, or allergic conditions are some of its common causes.
• Psoriasis is a common skin rash that tends to occur on the scalp or near joints such as the knees. It dries the scalp, and flaking may be a symptom as well.
Causes of Rashes or Dermatitis
The following are some common causes:
• Contact with chemicals present in rubber or elastic products.
• Skin irritants like soaps or cosmetic creams.
• Chemical dyes used in clothing.
Other causes that aggravate rashes are as follows:
• Aging is among the primary causes.
• Excessive stress and fatigue can cause skin rashes and acne.
• Unfavorable weather and climatic conditions cause eczema and other forms of dermatitis.
• Oily skins are prone to rashes.
• Many other medical conditions or diseases like rheumatic arthritis or asthma can cause rashes.
Common Treatments for Rashes
For the prominent forms of dermatitis such as eczema or other rashes, the following remedies and treatments help prevent dermatitis or stop the condition from worsening:
• Use calamine medicated creams or lotions as a treatment. Apply a moisturizer if you have eczema.
• Topical immunomodulators help in the treatment of eczema.
• Keep the eczema-affected area well ventilated.
• Use warm water and clean towels to clean the affected areas.
• Contact medical professionals for immediate treatment in case of worsening symptoms.
The knowledge, proper remedies, and effective treatment can prevent unwanted symptoms of dermatitis.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.