Tags: woman | embalmed | alive | hospital | error | mistake

Woman Embalmed Alive in Hospital Error

Woman Embalmed Alive in Hospital Error
(Copyright Fotolia)

Monday, 09 April 2018 02:21 PM

A 27-year-old woman died after she was embalmed alive as doctors mistakenly put her on a formalin drip, containing formaldehyde, instead of saline.

Ekaterine Fedyaeva was admitted for a routine surgery to a hospital in the city of Ulyanovsk in Russia, where the incident took place, International Business Times reports.

Fedyaeva's mother said her daughter suffered horrible pains and convulsions for two days before going into coma. Later, she was flown to a top Moscow hospital where she died of multiple organ failure.

“Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking. I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it. No doctor came to see her although she was coming round from anesthetic,” Fedyaeva's mother Galina Baryshnikova, told United Kingdom media.

© 2019 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Health-News
A 27-year-old woman died after she was embalmed alive after being admitted for a routine operation.
woman, embalmed, alive, hospital, error, mistake
140
2018-21-09
Monday, 09 April 2018 02:21 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved