Tags: wire | grill | brush | burger | hazard

Doctors Issue Warning About Cleaning Grills With Wire Brush

Thursday, 28 May 2015 01:21 PM

Here’s a new concern about grilled burger you’ve probably not heard about: A Connecticut woman who was rushed to the hospital with extreme stomach pain days after eating a grilled burger was found to have a thin, inch-long piece of metal from a grill brush in her intestines.

Cheryl Harrison underwent surgery to remove the metal, and doctors are now warning other backyard grillers to be aware of the potential dangers, Yahoo.com reports.

“Obviously, if it was in my mouth and I bit it, I wouldn’t have swallowed it,” Harrison told Connecticut’s News 8. “It must have been positioned in that burger just perfect, and I ingested it and swallowed it.”

Lawrence Dell, M.D., of Lakes Urgent Care in Michigan said such cases are not as rare as you might think.

“I do see the ingestion of foreign materials — bristles, coins, needles, pins, things like that,” he told Yahoo.com. “Sometimes it’s inadvertent because the person did not feel, see, or touch the foreign item before swallowing it.”

© 2017 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Health-News
A Connecticut woman who ate a grilled burger was found to have a thin, inch-long piece of metal from a grill brush in her intestines.
wire, grill, brush, burger, hazard
169
2015-21-28
Thursday, 28 May 2015 01:21 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved