Tags: mri machine | death

MRI Machine Death: Man With Oxygen Tank Sucked Up by Magnetic Device in India

(YouTube/India Today)

By    |   Monday, 29 January 2018 01:24 PM

An MRI machine death was being investigated by police in India after hospital staff in Mumbai said a man carrying an oxygen cylinder was sucked up by a powerful magnetic resonance imaging device.

Three people have been arrested after relatives blamed the hospital for the death of 32-year-old Rajesh Maru who was pulled into the machine when he walked into the MRI room, the International Business Times reported.

No metal objects are allowed inside an MRI room when the magnetic machine is turned on, but someone referred to only as “a ward boy” had reportedly assured everyone the machine was switched off before the man entered the room.

Upon entering the room, Maru was pulled by the magnetic force, becoming entrapped as the leaking oxygen pinned his hand against the machine, The Washington Post reported.

He died within minutes of being freed and rushed to the emergency room, with preliminary reports citing cause of death as inhalation of liquid oxygen from the cylinder, CBS News reported.

According to NDTV, Maru was visiting his mother who was at the BYL Nair Charitable Hospital for MRI scans.

“The ward boy asked him to help,” said Maru’s sister, Priyanka Solanki, per The Indian Express, and asked Maru to carry his mother’s oxygen cylinder inside, assuring him that it was safe to do so.

“They said it was okay. He went close to the machine and instead got pulled along with the oxygen cylinder inside the machine. Instead of taking responsibility, the hospital workers scolded us for Rajesh having gone close to the MRI machine with the cylinder in his hand.”

A doctor and two hospital assistants were arrested on suspicion of negligence.

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
An MRI machine death was being investigated by police in India after hospital staff in Mumbai said a man carrying an oxygen cylinder was sucked up by a powerful Magnetic Resonance Imaging device.
mri machine, death
284
2018-24-29
Monday, 29 January 2018 01:24 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved