1. Choose a Holiday Helper when visiting family. Pick one friend who you know very well and who knows you that you can slip into another room and make quick but meaningful contact with for support in turbulent family times. It is like a “holiday family sponsor.”
2. Pick and Choose Wisely to Stay in Balance. You don’t have to say yes to every invitation you get for a holiday gathering and you don’t have to lie either to get out of it. If it feels better, you can send a bottle of wine or champagne along with your regrets rather than going to every party. Look at your calendar in advance and plan wisely. Fail to plan, plan to fail!
3. Elevate the Conversation. Chit chat and gossip can be energy draining and unhealthy in the holiday season parties. Go to the event prepared with a cause important to you and take initiative to turn any meaningless or mean chatter in a positive direction. This can change the energy in the room and also create community long after the busy season is over.
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Water is by far our best friend in these times. It can help curb the overindulgence of both alcohol and food during the holiday season. Have a glass with you at all times. And before you take that second drink and or helping, take in at least 10 ounces of water. You will be amazed and the difference.
5. Use your beverage as your medicine. Herbal tea’s like peppermint and milk thistle can help the detoxification and digestive process after being “over served”
© 2021 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.